One Better Day
Almost as soon as my head hit the pillow last night, I was asleep. I must have slept deeply, because when I woke up this morning my bum was numb! When I'm really really tired I have a tendency to lie in the same position all night ... hence the numb bum. I hadn't been awake for more than a couple of minutes when Ethan climbed in with me for a snuggle. However, I got in trouble because as I stretched under the comfort of my lovely egyptian cotton bedclothes, in my lovely memory foam bed, I said 'oh, I do love my bed', and he said 'what, more than me?' Without thinking I said 'yep!'. Oh dear, did I get a smack for that!
I'd been at work for an hour or so and was talking to my boss when I picked up my phone (I wanted to look up a website that I knew I wouldn't be able to access from the Trust internet system) to find a text from Ioannis asking if I wanted to go out for lunch. Uh, yes! Stupid question.
We went to All Bar One in Brindley Place, which was nice, and I was shocked to discovered just how late it was when we left to go back to work - we were out for over two hours, but as I very very rarely get to go out for lunch, or even take a proper lunch break, I wasn't worried. So I literally got back to work for just over half an hour before it was time to leave to go and pick up Ethan. It did me the world of good though, getting out of the office and chilling out for a bit.
I've had a nice time tonight mooching around the internet for patterns and wool to make my Christmas presents with, and I've treated myself to two of Ysolda Teague's wonderful patterns:
Liesl and Verity - I really love her designs, so if you are on my Christmas pressie list you might end up with one of these ... and I also want to knit a couple of her other designs (okay, let's be honest, she doesn't have one pattern on her website that I DON'T want to knit!)
Does anyone remember me saying that I WASN'T going to get into knitting? Obviously I spoke too soon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home