Creased Up

This baby is my new toy. Yes, don't faint from the shock of it, it's an iron. Now, I know that ordinarily me and irons don't mix, but this isn't just an iron. This is a steam generator. A Philips GC7220 pressured steam generator at that!
My local friends all know that I am a BzzAgent. I get to take part in all sorts of cool campaigns for different products - I get to try the product out, pass out samples and/or coupons to my friends, and all I have to do is report back on my conversations about the product.
This wonderful piece of kit retails for around £100. It's got three bars of pressure, and honestly ... ironing with it was a breeze. It's been sat here for a couple of weeks - I haven't had time to play with it before now, but this afternoon I decided it was time ...
It's definitely not a small item - the steam generator bit is quite big, but it still sat snugly on my ironing board. It works like a normal iron in that you can have steam if you want it, or not if you don't; but the beauty of this was you could either produce a shot of pressured steam, or have continuous steam. Because the pressure forces the steam through the fabric it makes ironing twice as quick as the creases just fall out, and obviously as the steam is forced through it irons both sides at once.
Now, as I said, I am not one for ironing. In fact, I don't even know where my old iron is, I use it that infrequently (I'm a great advocate for hanging things up when I take them out of the washing machine). But I do remember only too well the constant tooing and froing over the same bit of garment to get the flipping creases out. Oh. My. God. My lovely lovely steam generator, even without steam, just whisked straight across and left no creases. With steam, everything looked like new in seconds. You know how these days ladies shirts often are made from a sort of fabric that looks great until you wash it, and then it creases like buggery? Well, out of the six shirts I ironed today (I was only playing with it, not doing serious ironing - that would take a week!), two of them were jersey fabric, one was that weird creasy stuff - they all three look like they're new now. Yahoo! The other three were cotton, and they all look lovely too.
Does this mean that I will now henceforth be a lady-wot-irons? I doubt it somehow, but at least when I do succumb to the pressure (that was a joke, did you get it!?) it will be a whole lot quicker and will look a whole lot better.
Result!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home