Saturday, January 09, 2010

The Weekend Starts Here ...

And we were supposed to be going to Southport tomorrow to see Colin's family. However, Colin came home with the news that he's supposed to be working in London tomorrow, so we're not going. Good job really, as apparently Southport is virtually cut off from the rest of the world tomorrow.

It's still really cold (-6 this morning), and the snow is showing no signs of melting. Thankfully the snowy bits are still reasonably crisp and crunchy rather than ice-rinky. I really don't mind the cold, in fact I rather like it. It's crisp and bracing and when the sun is also shining makes me feel that the world is a rather wonderful place.

I've struggled all week with the change in my normal routine over Christmas. Too many late nights (really late nights) meant long lie-ins in the mornings, and it's been hard for me to cope with getting up early in the mornings. I tend to be knackered all day, and then wake up around 10.00 pm ... it was 2.30 am this morning before I got to bed, I was wide awake and couldn't bring myself to go to bed, but boy have I suffered for it today. I. am. so. tired.

Knitting wise, I've got further with my sock and I'm now on repeat 8 of the Hypoteneuse wrap.

And now? Now I am going to bed to succumb to the need to shut my eyes and lose consciousness for eight hours while dreaming of lovely things.

G'night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home