Proud Mum
I've been a bad blogger lately ... a whole 10 days since I've blogged, not good. Not that I believe for one minute that more than maybe two or three people read this anyway, but I believe that blogging is good for me, for several reasons - including the fact that I have a really bad short term memory so it doesn't take long for me to forget where I've been and what I've done (though to be truthful the answer to that is usually that I've been nowhere and done nothing). Anyway, my lack of blogginess is entirely due to my old friend, Depression, coming back for a visit. However, this old friend of mine is a bit of a kleptomaniac - he's stolen my Mojo and all I seem to have done over the last couple of weeks is eat doughnuts. Bad, very bad.

How could I not come and blog today, though? It's a very sad day for many, remembering the events of 9/11 (I can hardly believe it's five years ago, it still seems so very recent); but for us it's been a day for celebration - my beautiful little Ethan started school today. He has been so excited, and his excitement has been contagious. For the first week, he only does 8.55 - 11.30 am, so I can't go to work until I've picked him up and dropped him off at nursery for the rest of the day - which means I get (hopefully) a bit of time to myself. Today, though, I spent my 'time to myself' searching in vain for his sandals, which he'd hidden somewhere (little monkey).
Anyway, here are a couple of photos I took of him yesterday morning - firstly outside the house (please ignore the weeds!) and secondly inside his new classroom. I was very pleased to see the very creative name tag that his teacher had made him - not quite sure about the green wool they used though, I think a nice bit of ribbon would have looked better! The only thing I don't like so far about this school is that the only place you can buy the school tie (apparently) is from them - and they haven't got any, they're waiting for a delivery which will take another few weeks. As a scrapper this offends me greatly - how can I have proper first day of school layouts when he's got no school tie!!!!! Yep, I do need to get a life, it's true!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home