Friday, March 27, 2009

Lightbulb Moment

Tomorrow is Ethan's birthday (he'll be 7).

We booked The Big Red Party Bus for his party - it's a converted double decker with ball pits, slides and rope ladders, that sort of thing - that they come and park outside the house. The kids are loaded on, they shut the doors and the kids play and party for two hours. All outside my house. All I have to provide are the party bags and the birthday cake, everything else is included in the price.

Now, we sent out 25 invitations two weeks ago. As of this morning, ie one day before the party, only 15 of the parents have bothered to reply. Is it just me? Is this downright bloody rude? You know, I almost wrote RSVP by xxx on the invitations, but I thought most parents would have the common sense to let me know in plenty of time.

So how do I proceed? Do I assume only those that have replied are coming, or do I assume that they're all coming? It makes me really angry, especially as I need to give the party bus people final numbers.

And you know the absolute worst thing? I have been that Mum who left it right to the last minute to RSVP a party invite for Ethan. Bad me. But never again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home