My Little German Boy
I took my little monkey man shopping today to get him some new school shoes and new school trousers (which won't last more than a few weeks knowing him).
After we had bought them (in John Lewis', cos you know how posh I am!) we stopped off at the John Lewis cafe for a coffee and some cake. Sean and Ethan had hot chocolate, I had cappuccino.
Anyway, I could see that Ethan's hot chocolate was obviously too hot, by the face he made when he took the first sip. So, I said 'es ist heiB?' (is it hot?) - totally not expecting him to understand what I said ... so guess how gobsmacked I was when he immediately answered 'sehr heiB!' (very hot).
Doesn't it just go to show how kids absorb knowledge without you really noticing? Although he does wander round counting from 1-10 in German all the time, and will say 'Dankeschon' and 'Bitteschon' for thank you/you're welcome, he hasn't really shown much interest in learning German. Well, I'm impressed, anyway (and I bet you are too, Grandma A, ja?)
Which reminds me, I need to find some time to do another German lesson, and soon, before I forget everything I've learned so far. Maybe tomorrow.
So, also on the topic of Ethan and the things he says, he told Daddy the other day that I took him to the 'cimema' to see Bolt - he's just so funny. The other word he really can't say is 'download' - he says 'doanlaund' (it's difficult to spell it phonetically).
We've had a nice weekend. Three of (me, Col and Ethan) went to the park yesterday for a quick blast on our bikes/Ethan's scooter, and then I went to work, supposedly only for a few hours, but as it was I didn't get home until after 7.00 pm. But I can't complain, I went in to do some MCLOSA work, which I get paid separately for. We did plan to go to the park again today, but never made it. I spent an hour sorting out some artwork for a big stamp order, and eventually we wandered off to Solihull to get Ethan's shoes etc. I was also conned into buying a new double quilt for Sean - he has a double bed but up until now has been happy with just a single quilt. On the plus side, at least he bought his own duvet cover (though it's not like I don't have loads here already); and he bought some storage boxes for his and Ethan's bedroom, which believe me needs a bit of help in that direction.
Of course, thinking about his storage boxes, I'm wondering if I should get myself a big RUB (Really Useful Box) to store all my yarn in - it would certainly be better than the several bags that it's all kept in at the moment. I have a feeling that there might actually be one upstairs somewhere that's doing not a lot ... hhhmmm.
Tonight we took a little drive down the road to Spice Buffet for dinner. It's a really nice restaurant, buffet style, serving Indian, Chinese, and Italian food. Unfortunately I didn't think it was at it's best tonight. There didn't really seem to be a huge choice - though I'm not desperately fond of Indian food, which did limit my choices a bit. I had some of their chicken tikka masala, which you would expect to be mild - but it wasn't. For the price it wasn't bad though (£11.99 on a Sunday) considering you can eat as much as you want.
Time to go and put some more washing in, and then I might take myself off to bed. I can't believe the weekend is over already and I'll be back at work in the morning!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home