Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chilling


It's still very cold. We still have snow. Definitely a day for staying indoors and keeping warm. All in all, this has been a really chilled out, lazy day. I didn't actually drag myself out of bed until almost 1.00 pm ... it was nice to sleep late, then lie in bed and surf the net for a bit. Add lots of cuddles and snuggles with Ethan, and it made for the perfect morning.

The rest of the day has been a virtual veg-fest. After stacking the dishwasher while my porridge was cooking, I've done little else but sit and surf, knit and watch TV. On the plus side I have finished one of my socks, though I had to rip the toe out - the pattern called for it to be knit into a point, and I didn't like it at all. The problem was I forgot to turn the sock right side out before I grafted the toe stitches, and hence grafted on the wrong side. This means that I now have a strange garter stitchy border on the toe, but I actually quite like it! I've also got some more of my Hypoteneuse done, so 8 pattern repeats down and 11 to go! Almost halfway ...
So all in all, this was really a day that I needed. Time to recharge my batteries a bit (which reminds me, I must charge up my camera batteries, they are almost dead).
I must say, I really enjoyed that first sock, it didn't really seem to take all that long to do (always a bonus). Sadly for me, I do rather detest knitting socks, but I love the finished product, and have plans for all sorts of socks for all sorts of people. I felt the need to flex my debit card at Kemps earlier, and treated myself to the makings of about 9 pairs of socks (and who can blame me at £1.20 a ball?)
I've just finished my day off with a nice big frothy cappuccino, and I think it's off to bed for me now ... resisting the temptation to cast on for sock no 2!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home