Saturday, July 28, 2007

Frantic Friday

Today has definitely been one of those days ... the sort where you run around all day desperate for a pee, but have to wait until right before you leave work ... I'm sure that's too much information!

Apart from running around like a blue arsed fly all day, with loads of things needing to be done today at work, I have been totally disgusted by the extremely childish, vindictive, bullying behaviour of a couple of my secretarial colleagues, who have been making the life of another colleague (who happens to be a very good friend of mine) misery for some time now. It all blew up today and there have been slanging matches galore, with the main perpetrator threatening to resign. Unfortunately for her, there would only be cheers of joy if she did just that. She's always had a reputation as a bully, and many of us would be only too glad to see the back of her. Still, I am shocked at how she has behaved today. She's supposed to be an adult, for God's sake!

Anyway, the working week is over and the weekend is upon us. With any luck we'll have dry weather this weekend and I'll be able to get loads of washing done and dried outside on the line. We don't have many plans this weekend - I might try and go shopping to spend some of my birthday money/vouchers, and we are planning on going to renew our Costco membership (which ran out ... ooh, about two or three years ago) in the morning and then going to the gym (which is virtually next door) for a swim.

Talking of the gym, I went last night with Jacqui, who had managed to wangle a free pass. We went and had a go at the kickboxing class (great fun, very energetic - but it left me wanting to shout 'eeee-yah!' in an Oriental-type-pretending to be Bruce Lee-stylee. After that, we went and had a go at the Body Balance class, which is based on Tai Chi. It all looked very nice, but I didn't do much of the class cos I had cramp in my foot. But the last ten minutes was fab, it was all about lying on the floor and meditating. Mmmmmm, so lovely to relax. Jacqui was very impressed, so I suspect she will be joining up next week, which is good, cos then we can work out together.

I've done a CT layout tonight for my CT commitment for DSS, using Manuela Zimmerman's very lovely Blissful Happiness kit. Everything on the layout is from the kit, except for the title, for which I used the Freebooter Script font. The scrolly bits on the background aren't actually part of the paper, it was a scroll embellishment in the kit that I resized and blended into the paper, and I think it looks pretty good.

Anyway, these are my grandparents, before they were married. I love looking at pictures of my GranGran when he was young - he was so handsome. In fact, looking at this picture I can see a resemblance to my brother Sean, although Sean is also very much like my Dad (and these are my grandparents on Mum's side). Those who know me might also notice the resemblance between me and my Grandma. I am very much like her, and I suspect I'd be even more like her if my face wasn't so podgy.

By rights I should have loaded this up into the gallery at DSS, but if I do that now I also have to upload to DST and one other gallery; and it's late here and I can't be bothered fiddling around with it tonight, so it will have to wait until morning cos I've had plenty of late nights this week and I don't want to have a really late one tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home