Sunday, August 03, 2008

It's Oh So Quiet ...

As I sit here in the lounge typing this, all I can hear is ... the faint hum of the washing machine on spin cycle out in the kitchen. That's it. No TV. No fighting children. Nothing else ... ahhhhhh, such bliss.

Why so quiet? They're not here! We drove them up to Southport yesterday morning, so they could spend a week with Grandma. Poor Grandma! All that noise, she'll need another holiday to recover by the time they come home. It felt strange last night, being here without them. Just so quiet. No arguments over what we were watching on TV. I can't believe I have a whole week free from Spongebob Squarepants, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Little Einsteins and My Friends Tigger and Pooh ... adult TV here I come - woohoo!!

I vowed that I would stay in bed half the day today ... but isn't it great, one time when I didn't have Ethan hassling me to get up early, and I was up and about by 8.00 am. I've been very productive so far, I've got my third load of washing just about finished, the dishwasher has just finished (I can and will fill that again in a minute and do another load), and I've spent some time helping Colin finalise our VAT return (which is late yet again). When I've put the washing out I'm going upstairs to finish the mammoth declutter of my bedroom, in the hope that when Col comes back from work in a couple of hours he might start painting it. I do hope this productive splurge continues, cos I want to get the bedroom done so that we can put the new bed in there and get rid of the nasty old one that is so uncomfortable. Later on I'm planning on a trip down into Acocks Green to get some toilet roll and some paint brushes, and I might treat myself to a big-ass cappuccino at Costa while I'm at it (big-ass because that's where it will go, straight to my big fat arse).



Anyway, here's a picture of me with my Seanie at his Nan and Grandad's party the other weekend. I love photos like this with my kids (ie, arm outstretched holding camera, click and hope it works). Ooh, must find one of me and Ethan as well to share ...
ok, here we go - oh my God, it's such a baaaaaaad picture of me, but that seems to be par for the course with any pictures of me and Ethan together like this - making stupid faces. Ah, how I miss my boys ... NOT! Yes I am a very bad Mummy - but it'll take a couple of days before the very quietness of the house starts to become uncomfortable and I start to yearn for the sound of fighting boys ... except I'll probably be too busy enjoying my ME ME ME ME ME time to notice anyway!

Okay ... time to continue my productivity: washing out of the machine and on the line, another load of washing in the washing machine in its place, empty dishwasher and put stuff away, reload dishwasher and switch on, then bedroom-mucking-out ... aah such fun on a Sunday ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home