Monday, October 16, 2006

Manhattan Madness


How productive have I been this weekend, huh? I can't believe I've managed three layouts this weekend - seems my Mojo is definitely back (and you have no idea how grateful I am!)

So this is my lovely boys on a fairground train at the Walsall Illuminations last October. The Walsall Illuminations are famous in the Midlands, but are purely seasonal, so only last for a month or so at the start of Autumn. This year's Illuminations finish on 29th October, so I don't know that we'll get to go as I'm taking the kids to London next weekend as Sean wants to spend half term at my Mum and Dad's house, and then I have to go back the weekend after to pick him up; so probably no time to go to the Illuminations unless we take Ethan while Sean is away. They are on quite a small scale, at least compared to the Blackpool Illuminations (which we won't be seeing this year) - you can walk around the Walsall ones.

Anyway, the entire layout is made using Cindy Simon's Manhattan Loft kit from
NDISB - I really loved this kit. Quite often when I buy kits I buy them without really taking a close look at the previews, and then I can find that I struggle with the patterned papers. I absolutely LOVE patterned papers, but sometimes it takes me a while to think of how to use them without overwhelming the page. What I like about this kit, is that most of the patterned papers are subtle enough to use large chunks of ... perfect!

So, back to my plans for next weekend ... after Sean finishes his art class we will be driving down to London. Colin isn't coming with us cos he's on call this week ... the plan is that I will bring Ethan back on Monday, so he'll at least get a couple of days of being spoiled by Grandma and GranGran. The only thing is, if Colin is staying here we won't be able to take the router with us, which means I won't be able to surf the net on my laptop - I'll have to use Mum's PC. Yikes! How will I ever manage without instant internet access at every moment of the day? At least one advantage of Sean being in London for a whole week - Ethan will be well behaved in his absence, and I won't be constantly breaking up their fights (I would like to say that I didn't fight with my brothers and sisters like this two fight, but I would be lying through my teeth!)

On that note, I'm off to bed - gotta be up for work early tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home