Monday, October 09, 2006

Creative Spark

Yay! At long last I feel like my creative spark might be coming back! Here's a layout I whipped up yesterday ...


This lovely, lovely man is Charlie, who I work with. He's sorta like my Dad, conscience and best friend rolled into one. He has the knack of appearing at my door just at the exact moment when I NEED coffee each day - and also the knack of appearing at my side when I'm just about to hand over cash in exchange for chocolate! He drags me off to the canteen for lunch on a regular basis (yum), and he's a great friend.

He's also very pedantic where work is concerned, as everything has got to be just right ... this guy keeps records like you wouldn't believe, everything has to be written down in the right place or there is trouble! He's going to be away for several weeks over Christmas, so he's currently training me to do part of his duties in his absence, so I'm having to try and be pedantic too!

I took this picture of him a couple of weeks ago with my mobile, and I caught him by surprise. It's not necessarily a great picture, but I like it. I e-mailled it to him at work (the layout), and he was delighted, bless him.

Anyway, so it's been a couple of weeks since I blogged, but not much has happened. I'm still in pain, though not as much, and I've been really battling against the bad moods and depression over the last few days. I've been alternating between wanting to kill everyone and wanting to burst into tears. This is not good. I need to get a grip! There is so much that I need to do, and I just can't seem to get myself motivated.

We've had a major water leak in the mains supply pipe to the house, which has caused a lot of hassle and aggravation. Our cellar has been under a couple of inches of water and my stress level has been extremely high as a result. Finally the insurance company sent someone out on Friday, and they dug up half of the front garden until they found the leak, but they couldn't repair it because the pump they were trying to use to pump the water out wouldn't work properly; so they came back on Saturday and pumped the water out and replaced the damaged section of pipe. Then they back filled the hole with earth and half-concreted it back over. Because they didn't have enough sand they came back this morning to finish it, so finally it's done and hopefully now we can get the cellar dried out and get back to normal. Hopefully.

Anyway, I should get the washing out of the washing machine I suppose, and get some more stuff done before I head off to bed ... hey ho, another boring blog post!

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Hi Kate! Came over from a link from Cindy Simon to welcome you to the Guest CT Spot. Sorry to hear about your troubles! I hope they get better soon! Looking forward to lifting your work this month, it's fabulous! And to getting to know you! Welcome! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home