Someone Hand Me That Liferaft ...
So, I'm still not feeling great, but I've had two boosts to my ego tonight that have definitely helped.
Remember all that work I did for an audit that my friend Ioannis was doing? He did a poster abstract for a scientific meeting which was held today at work, and it apparently won first prize. Not only did I do loads of work for the audit, I also revamped his poster for him to make it look extra pwitty and bootiful. I am really really pleased, and very proud of him. Not least cos now he owes me big time. I foresee a slap up dinner in my future!
Unfortunately for him, he didn't put my name on the poster as one of the authors, and my boss is going to kill him. Which is probably why I didn't show her the artwork for the poster before he sent it off to be printed. Well, my philosophy is, he knows I did the work (he'd be the first person to stand up and say that I did loads of it), so he should have known that he should put me down as one of the authors. I could've told him when he first showed me the poster that I should be on there, but really I wanted him to put me on there because he recognised my valuable contribution, and not because I or someone else told him he had to. I am deadly evil, and I will hence enjoy watching him squirm when Si tells him off.
Anyway, what are mates for! It's all swings and roundabouts at the end of the day, innit!
My second piece of good fortune, was that I am apparently going to be offered the chance to be the admin secretary for a society that my boss belongs to, because the existing admin secretary is stepping down, and my boss has just agreed to become the honorary secretary. It really makes sense for me to be the admin support - and as we work so fabulously well together it would be stupid to say no. Plus it's not going to be huge amounts of work - it will be well spread out over the year, maybe a couple of hours a week, AND it's going to be paying very well. I love working with Si on projects like this - she likes knowing that she can e-mail me in the middle of the night (not literally) with a question or a thought, and I will reply almost immediately. And I like knowing that she is happy with how things are going - what more can a supersecretary ask for?? A happy boss = a happy secretary! I can't deny that the extra money will come in very handy indeed ...
So we approach the weekend in a slightly better mood; and with distinctly less hormones than we started the week with. Still no mojo though. But I have managed to make a birthday card tonight for Colin, who will be celebrating his 33rd birthday tomorrow by working the whole day ... but I am planning on cooking a nice meal for him in the evening - he's not getting any presents this time around, as he decided when he spent £+++ (which basically means FAR TOO MUCH) on all his radio equipment a couple of months back that that would be his present.
The weekend stretches ahead then ... I have to make a card for Si, as it is her birthday on Monday, and get her a present - I don't know what yet though. Housework, washing, time with the kids ... hopefully it will be a reasonably lazy and laid back weekend.
On that note, I think I might take myself off to bed for a relatively early night for once, and catch up on some of the sleep that I've missed recently.
Things do definitely seem to be looking up!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home