Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Thing About Christmas ...

... is that it depresses me.

Look, over two months since my last blog post. I don't know where the time has gone, what can I say? It seems that the last couple of months have been a non-stop rollercoaster ride, of work, work, more work, stress, more stress, and varying degrees of depression.

It's long been a standing joke in our family that Dad has what is called his 'pre-Christmas' mood. Usually it starts anytime from July onwards ... he gets the hump and is unbearable to live with, not talking to anyone for weeks on end. Well ... seems I'm my father's daughter. To be honest, I find the whole run-up to Christmas to be very stressful. This time of year is always busy for me at work, and the last few weeks in particular have been manic ... the sort of busy where you don't even have time to go to the loo during the working day! Plus there's my inability to say no when someone needs my help, which has left me trying to cope with all my daily duties plus find time to extract a huge load of data for a study that one of our doctors is doing in conjunction with my boss; then there was the 45 menu cards that my friend asked me to make for her wedding ... with three days notice (thank God for digital scrapping!) ... and then on top of that there has been all the preparation for Christmas, buying presents, food shopping etc etc.

Still, here we are on Boxing Day and I have come through the experience relatively unscathed. We've got through two days of festivities without any rows (unbelievable!), the kids have been relatively well behaved, AND I have even done ALL the cooking (and enjoyed it - I must be ill).

So, anyway, as I was saying ... the past couple of months have been difficult. Just when I thought I was doing so well, my depression upped and bit me on the bum after a family crisis. Every day has seemed to be a real struggle since then, but I'm doing my best to get through it. Even so, the last few weeks have been especially difficult ... even to the point that I haven't scrapped for a couple of weeks.

Putting all that aside, there have been plenty of positive things happen in the last couple of months, so I shouldn't complain.

Okay, so it's Boxing Day, and I have peace and quiet ... Sean has gone to his Dad's and won't be back until late tomorrow, and Ethan and Colin are in bed. I have time to scrap, so why am I wasting time blogging?

I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully, with a less rambling post, and some new layouts to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home