Thursday, January 15, 2009

Generosity

Last night, I emptied my jeans pocket out onto the bed ... I had about £1.40 in change. Ethan looked at it and asked if he could have it. I said no, because I needed it for my lunch today, not, as I said, that it would be a very big lunch, as £1.40 doesn't go very far.

He disappeared off to get ready for bed, and a few minutes later wandered back in. Not only was he ready for bed (ready for bed in Ethan's book is stark naked apart from one sock ... bless him), he was clutching something tightly in his little fist. He came straight over and opened his hand to show me, and God love him if he didn't have a fistful of coins. One of the drawers in his bedroom has a pile of pennies and two pence pieces in that he collects on his travels (ie stuff that fell out of Daddy's pocket when he took his jeans off, etc), and he'd been and got me some. I said I didn't want it because it was his, and he did a big bacon lip pout and said he wanted me to have some lunch. Awwwwwww, he's just too sweet. Anyway, I told him that I would be fine and that I wanted him to keep the money himself.

Isn't it lovely the way kids can be so unselfish at times? He does make me laugh though, one day he'd give you everything he had, and the next he'll refuse to give you as much as a lick of his lolly. Funny boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home