Friday, January 12, 2007

Busy

One of the first photoshoots(!) I did after I got my digital SLR this time last year was take some pictures of Ethan by candlelight. The kids like having candles on the very rare occasions that we use the dining table, and as we'd had candles that night it was a golden opportunity. He wouldn't sit still, though, so this was about the best of the bunch, but I like it nonetheless. I can't believe he was only three at the time ... he looks much older.

Credits: papers (the diamond patterned paper changed to luminosity blend at 50% fill), ric rac and buckle - Michelle Conrad's Spooktacular kit at DigiScrapShak (told you it was versatile, didn't I!); Buttonhole by Karen Hunt (I got it from the now defunct PDW); Schmootzy Stamped Alpha by Nancie Rowe Janitz. Font is Adler.

I'm pleased with this, I have to say. I love the soft muted colour of the paper, it goes very well with the photo, methinks.

So it's been a busy week. I've been running around like a headless chicken all week at work, there's so much to do. I've booked tomorrow off as leave (mainly because we've got someone coming tomorrow afternoon to pick something up) but I'd sooner be there at work getting through some more of it, but I suppose it'll be nice to mooch around the house and chill out a bit.

I've got a few things to do in the morning, like go and pay some cheques in, and I need to go and get a birthday pressie for a friend. Speaking of friends, I've been missing some of them. Charlie has been away since early December and doesn't come back until the end of January (though he rang from India on Tuesday to say hi and that he's missing us all); and Ioannis (who the pressie is for) has been away since just before Christmas, but was back today. It was lovely to see him, not least because while he's been away I've had nobody to insult, bully, beat up and break rulers on. Seriously though, it's been really quiet with them both away, and despite being so busy I've been really lonely ... there's nothing like a coffee and a chat with a friend to give the day a nice lift.

Okay, it's 1.00 am now. I should be in bed. I need to get off this computer. I need sleep. Sleep, sleep, lovely lovely sleep. Yep, that's where I'm headed ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home